How to Cook Southern Style Jiffy Cornbread Stuffing with Turkey Necks....
Southern Style Jiffy Cornbread Stuffing with Turkey Necks
Things you will need...... 2 Boxes of Jiffy Cornbread Mix 2/3 cup of Milk 5 strips of Bacon 1 or 2 Turkey Necks (depends on preference) 1 egg 1 1/2 tsp. of Sage 1/2 tsp. of Garlic Powder 1/2 tsp. Pepper 1 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth 3/4 cup of Celery, Chopped 3/4 cup of Mushrooms, Chopped 3/4 cup of Onions, chopped 1 container of Swanson Chicken Broth
1. Place 2 turkey necks in 3 1/2 cups of water. I personally cut a few onions & place a dash of salt & pepper once at a boil. Then reduce to a low boil & cover. Cook for about 90 minutes.(In about 1 hour your going to start step 2 of this process)
2. Combine cornbread mix, 1 egg and milk. Bake as directed on package. Once completed set to the side Reduce oven heat to 350°F.
3. Cook bacon, let it cool; In. Separate pan place melt margarine or butter, then add celery, mushrooms, and onions; sauté.
4. Start removing the meat from the turkey necks. In a separate bowl combine 1 egg, broth, sage, garlic powder, thyme, and pepper. Stir in bacon, sautéd vegetable mixture and turkey.
5. Add cornbread (I personally just crumble into mixture & get my hands dirty) and spread in a greased 8 x 8 pan and cover and foil. Bake for 30- 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 - 15 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!! 😁 - Pressure makes Diamonds